GREEN BRIAR COMMUNITY CENTRE
Green Briar Community Association (GBCA)
A Not for Profit Organization run by Volunteers
To operate a Community Centre for the use of the residents of the Condominium Corporations within the Green Briar Community.
To ensure a clean and safe environment for those utilizing the Community Centre.
To encourage activities designed to appeal to all residents of the Green Briar Community Centre.
President Pat Edwards
Vice President Jim Bates
Treasurer Renate Schlag
Secretary Fran Lawrie
Inside/Outside Don Miles, Jim Bates
Director Jerry Smeding
Board-GBCA 16 Directors-1 Director appointed by each Condominium to serve on the GBCA Board.
BOARD-GBCA ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Green Briar Executive
The four executive positions, namely, President, Vice- President, Treasurer and Secretary must be residents of Green Briar and serve for a two (2) year term. The outgoing executive of the GBCA will be available for consultation by the new or incoming executive members.
- Paid position
- Meets, greets, and assists residents and visitors
- Supports and co-ordinates the affairs of the Centre
- Manages booking of Centre activities, events, and meetings
- Supports the GBCA Executive and Directors
- Maintains, updates, and manages the Green Briar web site
- Maintains updated documentation and lists of the GBCA & Activity Leaders
- Ensures the Centre meets cleanliness and safety standard
- Compiles and distributes communications within Green Briar
- Arranges for required maintenance and safety of the Centre
- Prepares monthly calendar and weekly newsletter
- Supply restocking
- Presides at all meetings of GBCA
- Management and supervision of the affairs and operations of the Centre
- In absence of the President or the inability of the President to act, duties and powers may be exercised by the Vice-President
- When called to act on behalf of the President, all responsibilities of the President are automatically assumed by the Vice-President
- Maintains minutes of GBCA
- Shall be custodian of all the Minute books and filing of them in the office.
- Maintain an accurate attendance list at all meetings
- Maintains all financial records of GBCA
- Obtain financial expenditures of the Centre through GreenBriar Residential Servicing Organization (GRSO)
- Record all monetary transactions
- Render an account of the finances at Director’s meetings
- Prepare budget 30 days plus prior to year end and submit to Executive
- Upon budget approval, forward to GRSO for consideration
- Responsible for all maintenance required inside the Community Centre
- Responsible for maintaining the exterior property of the Community Centre
- Capital repairs referred to the GRSO
- Turning on the sprinkler system to water the gardens around the Centre
- Replace exterior light bulbs and setting timers